Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Halftime Report

I'm in Pittsburgh, PA this week for Stephen Ministry Leader's Training. So far, the conference has been pretty good. A lot of things have been really elementary, but there have been some useful tidbits, especially since I have not been involved in Stephen Ministry before. I did gain an appreciation for the volume and OCD nature of the training though after talking to a couple of women from Indiana. They were very anxious about going back to be Stephen Leaders in their own congregations because they had never had any type of leadership role before in their church, nor had done any teaching. So, for me, the teaching and leading techniques that come as common sense that we have been going over, were not so mundane for them.

Overall, it's been a prety good trip so far. I've been able to walk several miles around the downtown and see a lot is neat things. The food hasn't been all that great, but hopefully that will change with going to PNC Park tonight and watching the Braves play the Pirates.

Only a few more days to go and I'll be back on Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Matt--how many times have they served you chicken?

They made me count last year ;-D
Sherill

David said...

Okay,
Now it is halloween, and time for an update.
Peace,
David