Saturday, August 27, 2005

I'm in it now...

So, here is the obligatory statement about how I have finally entered into the world of blogging because I am the only one who hasn't done it yet.

After doing CPE at UAB Hospital this Spring, I have adjusted my thougts about blogs. I still think that for the most part they are for either the self-obsessed or for people who have no one in their lives to share things with, but I can see a lot of benefit to them.

One of the things that got me rethinking blogs is that during CPE I was made aware that I am sometimes a "guarded" person - I don't reveal who I am very much. Well, I thought what could be better than starting to blog to get me to be more open about myself? So here it is, and here I am, with all of my naughty bits for the world to see. I doubt I'll update much, or that many people will read this, but in the long run, it may help me put off therapy in later years.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Peter said...

hooray for Matt. maybe we can have a north alabama minister blogging party or something.

Anonymous said...

think of it as a journal. there's something intriguing about being open and honest, yet maintaining a sense of anonymity.

blessings to you.

David said...

Matt,
I took much the same road with my blog...have welcomed the community it fosters and found myself surprised when someone mentions something I wrote - to my face!
peace be with you,