Sunday, July 01, 2007

News Flash

Bursting Thermometer Graphic

It's hot out there. I mean really hot.

I officiated my first outdoor wedding yesterday (only my second one to attend), and I completely soaked through everything I was wearing. The couple gave me a card before the wedding and only taped the envelope shut. By the time I took it out of my back pocket, it was completely sealed. Minutes after going outside, I thought I had steamed all of the starch out of my shirt with my robe holding in all of the extra heat. Later i found out after I cooled off that the sleeves decided to re-set and starch themselves into an attractive-looking mess.

I don't think that it's as hot as last summer, or summer about five years ago, but it's close. The lack of rain doesn't help much either. I think I'll be spending more time at the pool soon...

1 comments:

Peter said...

Luckily, no one's asked me to do an outdoor wedding. If they did, the sprinkler system that is my entire body would be going full blast.

I do have one 7 year old girl in the congregation who's scared of me now because she saw me after softball and is now convinced that I will sweat all over her if she comes close to me.

My coat and tie lasted about a song and a half in contemporary before I went with the short-sleeved no tie look. I just can't bring myself to wear the short sleeved shirt with the tie. I know I'm a nerd, but I'd like at least some people to be ignorant of that fact.